Dear RYBSA Community,
We want to provide you with an update based on latest developments from the state, league, and local planning. We’re excited to confirm a pathway to play baseball and softball in Rehoboth this summer!
The safety of all the kids and families is our number one priority - our board and subcommittee have been working hard to develop the return to play guidelines and waiver that we are releasing as part of today's update. Please refer to the update below and feel free to reach out to any member of the board of directors with any questions.
GUIDELINES & WAIVER
- We are committed to making sure that we comply with or exceed the safety standards being set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Return to play guidelines are now released by RYBSA. They can be found on our website below and will be posted on the premises as well as our website with any updates that may be required. We ask our participants to comply with all of these standards and any additional from the state of MA and town of Rehoboth.
- A waiver to play is required for all participants. It can also be found on the RYBSA Covid page below. Please review and put a signed copy in your players bag or have it hand to provide to coach or board member.
- While details for phase 3 are not yet full clear, we have aligned our guidelines to phase II for the upcoming activities.
- Per state guidelines players will need to wear masks when they are NOT on the field. These masks will be provided by RYBSA to all players and coaches. They will need to be properly spaced off on the field and not share water bottles, bats, helmets, etc.
- Please see the details in our guidelines and let us know any feedback you may have.
- We should be able to start holding practices during phase II of the MA plan. The earliest that phase II will start is Monday, June 8 or plan would be to start practices starting on June 15th in order for us to be fully prepared and to ensure following all state and local guidelines.
- Registration will be open up until June 7, 2020. Please feel free to register your player. http://www.rybsaonline.com We may have to limit additional registrations we can take by division to make manageable rosters and will use first come, first served if necessary.
- Phase II will last a minimum of 3 weeks which means we will hold practices from 6/15/20 to 7/5/20.
- Phase III will start at the earliest on June 29. This is when we would be allowed to have games. Currently, we would start games on July 6th and anticipate playing a 6 week season with 2 games per week. Possibly less games for younger divisions. This will be a slightly shortened season. We are doing our best to fit in as many games as possible. Again, this is all contingent on each phase taking only 3 weeks
- We will hold coaches meetings in the next week or two. If you signed up to coach, please look for an invite soon.
Please feel free to contact any member of the Board. We are all volunteers and parents like you. We want the best for all the players and safety is priority number one. Please feel free to provide any suggestions.